Saturday, February 28, 2009

A little tooth...

Well, last weekend, on Sunday, February 22nd Lelah got her first tooth.  It was pretty amazing because we didn't even know that it was about to pop through... it totally surprised us. :D  A very nice thing to be surprised at.  Teething was really a pain just a week before, so the fact that it popped through without us even noticing really was amazing. :D

Friday, the 20th Josh and I had been together for 11 years.  Crazy... I think I said earlier that it feels like it's been so much longer, yet not even half of that time.  My mom watched the kids while Josh and I went to Costco, Camas (to pick up something for Logan) and to Clackamas to eat at Macaroni Grill.  It was fun but kinda anti climactic.  I missed Lelah a lot, but she seemed to have had a good time, so I think it's good for both of us to be away from eachother for an extended amount of time every now and then.  We picked up a Pluto, Mickey Mouse, Daisy Duck and Goofy in Camas that I found on Craigslist for Logie.  He was so excited when we brought them in!  See, "Santa" brought him a big Mickey Mouse for Christmas (because he really wanted one) and since then Logan has been asking us why he didn't bring him a Pluto to go with him.  (In his Christmas movies, Pluto is a big part of the Mickey parts, so I can understand why he was confused. )  Pluto licks us a lot, and Logan is having a fun time playing with all of them.  It's amazing how happy it makes me when he enjoys such simple things... it's no wonder that he's so spoiled, some of the reason I buy him stuff is for selfish reasons. ;)

Saturday we kinda just hung out at home and Josh and I just played the Wii.  We went to Galateas party at Vernies and then went straight up to Lauries house.  I made hot artichoke spinach dip and carbonaro... it was for Nathan, which is why I made the carbonaro.  It was fun.  Everyone got totally wasted, but that was even enjoyable. ;)  

Sunday we were supposed to go to Jovonnies 3rd birthday party but Sherres family was sick so we didn't go there.  It was re scheduled for this weekend.  Instead we went to the beach.  It was fun.  We took Max though, and shouldn't have had him come on the bike ride with us because we just about killed him. :(  We rode our bikes on the paved trail from Seaview all the way to that campground by Waikiki beach.  It was an amazing ride, very pretty... and very full of surprises.  Josh and I didn't even know that the trail went that way.  And then we ended up somewhere we totally weren't expecting.  It was really cool.  We think Logan might be ready to not be in the car anymore though.  :(  He was pretty bored through the whole thing, so I think we're going to look into getting him one of those attachements that you attach to an adult bike so it's sorta like a tandem.  I think he could handle that, and that would be way more interesting for him than the cart.  Lelah seemed to like the cart okay... she didn't like her helmet, but she did okay. :)

I didn't have the boys all week this week.  Which was nice but I didn't get a damn thing done all week, which was totally ridiculous.  You'd think I'd get more done when they aren't here, but the truth of the matter is I get way more done when they are here.  I'm supposed to have them Monday and Tuesday and then Mateo and Jovonnie on Wednesday, so I should get stuff done.  I've got to because Dad and Jamie are coming to visit.  They fly in late on Thursday night. :)  I'm pretty excited.  I always wonder what the heck we're going to do though because they aren't big on planning things, and Josh and I really like to be more prepared then that.  Oh well, we'll have fun even if we just sit at our house the entire weekend. :D  

Alright, it's taken me 12 hours to post this, so I'm off. :)

No comments: