Monday, June 2, 2008

Ecola State Park Hike

Sunday, June 1st we went to Ecola State Park and hiked 2.7 excruciating miles. It's funny because when we started the idea of a hike, we were planning on a relatively flat hike that wasn't long. So, I guess we stayed within the "not long" category, but as for the flat part... ha! I first must say that I need to take most of the blame for this... it was my idea to do a "beach" hike, not Joshs. In fact, if it would have been up to him, we would have been going the exact opposite way, to Mt. Rainier to do our hike. When we got to the park, the ranger guy was a jerk and wouldn't let us choose our own hike, (and since we didn't come prepared with book in hand like we normally do on all other hikes) we told him we would like a map of the trails and he handed us a little brochure and said, "This is the best one right now." I asked if we could get the brochures for the other hikes in the area and he told me that they "were low"... Ugh... it was really irritating! Anyway, so we went on this hike that was "the best" and it ended up having only like a 1/2 mile of beach scenery, and it was such a dissapointment! :(

















No comments: